How-to / FAQ
How to become a member
Everybody can sign-up to our mailing list, which is used for announcing all events and trips organized by us.
To become a member, you first have to register on our web page. Then you can use one of the following payment options.
You can pay
- via bank transfer (see below)
- by cash or card in the equipment room
- by cash or card at the information meeting at the beginning of each semester
If you pay in person you get your membership card immediately. If you pay by bank transfer, you can pick up your membership card during the opening times of the equipment room.
Payment via bank transfer
To make a payment from a Norwegian bank account, send your payment to the account number 3624.50.20575, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, payment date and receipt. Remember to register on our webside.
International bank transfers may be made to the following account:
- IBAN: NO0836245020575
- BIC/SWIFT: SPAVNOBBXXX
BSI Friluft Membership Fees
- 150 kroner for 1 semester
- 200 kroner for 1 year
- 200 kroner for 1 semester
- 300 kroner for 1 year
- Join our trips!
- Rent equipment from our equipment room such as tents, skis, cooking equipment.
- 10% discount on purchases under 2000 NOK and 15% discount over 2000 NOK at Outdoor Bergen
- 15% discount on purchases at Ute (i Bergen). Note: To get this discount you will need a discount card which you can get at the Tuesday climbing.
- 15% discount on purchases at Chillout Travel Centre (not valid for food and drinks)
- Join regular activities like Monday Jogging, Tuesday Climbing, The Everyday Adventure, monthly pub-nights, and guest lectures by outdoor professionals (a.k.a. "fjellmøter")
Always bring your membership card!
Join a trip
You will be notified via our mailing list on Sunday evening or Monday morning about any trips planned for the following weekend. Just reply to the email to request to join the trip. If you haven't paid your membership fee by the trip planning meeting on Wednesday, you can pay at the equipment room during/after the meeting.
You do not have to sign up for regular events such as Monday jogging or Tuesday climbing.